Friday, September 25, 2009

God's Ideal of Marriage.

Sorry I have been MIA lately; I have been emerged in the Word here lately. Its a good thing right?

Last week I touched on God's Ideal of Marriage and learned quite a good bit.

For this reason a man and woman will leave
his father and mother and be united to his
wife, and they will be one flesh.
Genesis 2:24
Throughout my reading I learned these things:
  • I shall submit myself to my husband; I should give him my ALL . I shall respect my husband at all times.
  • Marriage is something that should be honored my everyone; it is WAY more than just a piece of paper; it goes deeper. The marriage should be kept pure at all times; never should anyone stray outside of those bonds. They are sacred. God will judge the adulter.
  • If my husband does not fully believe in the word of God, it is my responsibility to show him the way by my actions and my mind set.
  • Beauty is not physical which it should not be; you should not love someone because of their looks; you should look DEEP inside a person to find the "REAL" beauty.
  • Even though I submit myself to my husband he should still be considerate and respect me just the way I respect him.

Resources used:

Ephesians 5:21-32

Hebrews 13:4

1 Peter 3:1-8

Tomorrow: Communication in Marriage.

If anyone has any other bible verses to suggest on this topic, Please let me know. :)

Thanks.:)

Whitney G**

2 comments:

  1. Whitney, I am so very proud of you! What a joy to watch the way God is working in your life. I am praying for you and so thankful that God brought us together!!

    Another book you might want to get (you can find it fairly cheap at WalMart) is Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. I use it to guide my prayers for Scott.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soo much Mrs. Teri. :) I will check it out. :)

    Love You !

    ReplyDelete